Romance endures with Chef Gilles’ classic, ubiquitous French recipe for duck.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED?
- 1 whole duck
- 4 oranges
- 2 cups of beef broth
- ½ cup organic sugar
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp of Happy the Golden Jam Orange Marmalade
1. Pre heat the oven to 350º F.
2. Season the duck with salt and pepper and drizzle 3 tbsp olive oil over the duck
3. Place the duck in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. Allow to roast about 25 minutes per pound or when the internal temperature at the leg reaches 180º F
4. In a saucepan, add the sugar and vinegar and cook until caramelised.
5. Add the juice of 4 oranges and the white wine.
6. Allow this to simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Add the beef broth.
8. Allow this to reduce again for 10 minutes then add the Orange Marmalade.
9. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
10. Bring to a boil and serve.
Option: If you like, at the end, you can add 2 tbsp of Grand Marnier.