Fig and Arugula Tart
Gilles’ Fig and Arugula Tart
by Chef Gilles Dirat
When the yummy warmth of our Fig Love meets the slightly peppery essence of arugula, it is a match made in heaven. Here, Chef Gilles shares his recipe for a delicious fig and arugula tart. Served at brunch or as an appetizer, it´s sure to impress.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED?
- 1 Puff pastry frozen 16 oz - 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup sundried tomato - 8 tbsp Fig Love Marmalade
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese - ½ cup toasted pine nut
- 3 cup of fresh organic arugula - 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup black olive pitted and split in half
- Pre heat the oven at 375 degrees.
- Take the defrosted puff pastry. Roll it on a cold floured surface ( to avoid to stick) with a rolling pin . roll it until it is ½ inch thick.
- cut 4, 3 inches circles ( you can use a bowl upside down cut around with a knife).
- Place the puff pastry circles on to a baking sheet and line with parchment paper for baking.
- Poke the pastry with a fork (to avoid the dough from puff up while cooking).
- Bake in a hot oven for 5 minutes.
- Flip the pastry and bake the other side 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let them cool.
- In a bowl mix the lemon juice and olive oil. Add the arugula and tossed gently.
- Take the cool tart. Spread Happy the Golden Jam Fig Love marmalade on the bottom.
- Add the fresh arugula on top with sundried tomato and olives.
- On top, sprinkle some crumble goat and toasted pine nuts.